1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mission Hill

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 1, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

what happened to this show? adult swim is airing the episodes again this summer.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Mission Hill is concentrated awesome wrapped in 22 minutes of win. Unfortunately, it got its start on the WB, where it was guaranteed to have a viewership of jack all. But it's a fuckton of fun for the 13 episodes they made. Probably way too late to revive it (I believe it had two small runs, one in '99 and one in '02), but it's a pretty fucking funny show and I intend to DVR the whole lot of 'em.

3. KYSportsWriter

the show is hilarious. they aired the episode tonite where kevin moves to mission hill and gets drunk at his brothers party. damn funny stuff, especially the real world episode.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

This was the pilot, I'm pretty sure. Not sure why it never gained traction, but I have a known proclivity towards animated sitcoms.

5. KYSportsWriter

i guess adult swim isnt doing the show in order. last nite was the one where kevin sets a store on fire.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Does Cartoon still occassionally show The Oblongs? I have no idea how I watched that show without peeing a little every time. Eight levels of funny.

7. KYSportsWriter

pretty sure the oblongs is part of their summer lineup, beej. not sure what time it comes on, though.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

What Adult Swim has been doing of late is a rotational system for shows. They have a large back catalogue now, what with Aqua Teen, Robot Chicken, Harvey Birdman, Home Movies, Squidbillies, Metalocalypse, but they want to keep rotating shows around so the ones like, say, Lucy Daughter of the Devil, which only has one season, and others don't start to get repetitive in re-runs.

The Oblongs and Mission Hill fit into that, they can run them out for a couple of spins, cover five weeks, then move onto another show.

I'm with you guys that they are a lot of fun. I remember seeing them both years ago, although only through Adult Swim, not wherever they might have been before.

Draft saved Draft deleted