1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mission Accomplished !

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ooops. I clicked on this thinking it was a review of the new Mission Impossible movie.

I hate political threads, and I don't think Obama would look good in a flight suit.

2. printdust

printdust New Member

Still no answers. But the libs are cheering Obama for it.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

They really aren't.

His campaign is.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Obama did not utter the words "Mission accomplished." I wish he would done this in 2009, not 2011. But he did it.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've never really understood what "winning a war" means.
    It seems like the country who declares victory the loudest wins.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

McCain of course is throwing a shit-fit.

McCain of course is also the guy who said we'd be there 100 more years, and he was fine with that.

"The libs" are hardly cheering; "the libs" think he should have gotten our ass out of there about 60 days after he took office.

7. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

It's a shame what the 'maverick' John McCain has turned into over the last 11 years. The duly elected government of Iraq, who the USA government supported, asked/demanded we leave. Does he really expect U.S. troops to stay there against the Iraqi government's will?

Is it solely 'bitterness' on his part for not becoming the POTUS or has he gotten a little senile?

8. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I'm sure Obama would beg to differ.

9. Starman

So George W. Bush deserves credit for getting us out of Iraq, just like he deserves credit for killing Osama Bin Laden. Okey doke.

It's interesting (and concerning!!!) how many of the people who want GWB to be credited for these triumphs go into paroxysms of head-spinning hysteria if anyone suggests he should be credited in any way for the current state of the economy. Oh no no no no, THAT'S all on the M.N.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

GWB also deserves credit for weening America off power-eating lightbulbs.

Oh, wait.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/cutting-of-funds-for-enforcement-of-new-light-bulb-efficiency-standards-will-have-little-effect/2011/12/16/gIQAH3NKzO_story.html

11. Starman

Gee, I've been hearing on hate radio (off and on since about 1/21/09) that the filthy M.N. is trying to force us all to use those socilist curly lightbulbs. I want my countree back.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Air America is still on? I wouldn't have guessed.

Draft saved Draft deleted