1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missing Toenail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, May 11, 2009.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

OK, I haven't read this whole thread because I just had a nice breakfast, but I'll add my experience:

I lost most of a nail a few years ago playing soccer. I was very concerned about infection and having it grow back funky. My advice: keep it very clean, even cleaning it with rubbing alcohol wipes several times a day; buy a bottle of tea tree oil and slather it on a few times a day, especially at bed; don't try wearing socks until the sensitivity dies down, and even once you get socks on do clean it several times a day; file down any remaining part of the nail so it doesn't catch on anything and tear further.

Good luck! I know how much this hurts.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Dr. Chef is on his way to texas right now with a 12-pack of Coors, a bottle of peroxide and a razor.

We'll get this toenail fixed right up.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

This is happening to me a lot lately from basketball. I have at least three toenails that are purple, yet they haven't fallen out yet.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

just put one of those cloth stretchy band aids on it and move on

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just start a business in which you get paid to cure foot fetishists.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

A bit of a drinker, maybe?

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Make that two 12- packs. I'm going to need an entire one just for me so that I can forget what a freak show my big toe has become.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna nominate Chef for SportsJournalists.com leadership, because a forum without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Lieslntx isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Lieslntx.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Lies(l) will see how furr she can stick that big toe up our ass.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Subtitle: 6:30 am at Casa de Chef

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

[​IMG]

Whoa, another freak show candidate. How do you cut your hair, rook? Veggiematic?

12. tadwriter

tadwriter Member

Dools and Killick! Just How far will you go to satisfy your sick humor appetite by feeding on her pain? Lieslntx, you need to nail these guys and make them toe the line when it comes to this kind of footish, er..foolish, nonsense.

(Sorry, it was there. I had to do it.)

Draft saved Draft deleted