1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missing reporter's body likely found

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Jesus. Find the timeline at the end of the story to be strange, too.

RIP. Terrible.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Is that the best picture they could find of that guy?

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I agree. Seems a long time to wait to report somebody missing like that.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The whole thing sounds odd. According to the story there was somebody else living at the reporter's house as well. Why didn't he report the guy missing?

5. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

And the (presumed) father of the arrested suspects has joined the comment fray on the CNN story. This won't end well.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This reads like Deliverance: The Sequel

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Crazy story. Crazy dad of the suspects, too.

Here's his website:

http://thepoliticalbandit.com/

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Maybe he's the kind of guy to just up and go somewhere for a week without saying anything. It took his girlfriend about 10 days to be concerned and another four to go to the police. It's odd and definitely raises a flag, but not improbable.

I can't think of any pictures of me from the past six months that look any better.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Killing someone over Magic cards? Jesus.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/police-magic-cards-stolen-from-slain-florida-repor/nSpdk/

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I just read about this. Apparently these guys were house guests and decided to kill the guy for "Magic Cards" ... what the hell are Magic Cards???? Is that something like tarrot cards??? Murder someone for some cards you can sell????

I'm under the impression that this fellow was very unique and a bit quirky but very likeable. It may be that his unique personality attracted a couple of "friends" that were much more devious than he realized. Very, very sad. I know it won't happen, but I wish Florida would give those two the death penalty.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Sure does.

Draft saved Draft deleted