1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missing child in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20100614/US.Missing.Oregon.Boy/?attr=article_news_national_US.Missing.Oregon.Boy&cid=rssfeed

And here Michael Savage attacks the parents because they didn't act like they should act.
    For a guy who could have gone to Vietnam but spent those years picking flowers in the South Pacific, he talks awfully tough.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201006140013

And why is it weak for the parent to cry?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Have a Rockstar Energy Drink and STFU, Savage.

(BTW, his real last name Weiner. How apropos.)

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Savage needs to go away.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wow. What a super tough guy. Who the fuck is this person?

As for the missing child, it does seem odd that so few details are being released. How is the public supposed to aid in the investigation, as the authorities have asked, if people aren't entrusted with simple information such as where and when this child was last seen?

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Here's what astounds me about Savage's popularity: He gets away with saying things that are generally hateful to the human race. The rant about autism diagnosis wasn't an ideological issue. Neither is this thing. I know he attracts a conservative fan base, but how can anybody -- right, left, center -- join him in berating the parents of a missing kid?

6. I thought the kid was last seen at an elementary school science fair?

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Small potatoes starts a thread about a shocking thing a dj said?

Check.

Like clockwork.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't start the Glenn Beck one...

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I hate those posters who seem to be all over certain types of news items ..... ::)

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They come with pictures, though.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Heard an interview with a TV guy who used to be a Portland police spokesman. He said detectives will have the parents speak or not speak depending upon how the case develops. This sounds like its a case of someone known to the kid being involved.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

The reports I'd heard and seen said his stepmother saw him at the science fair in the morning, but he didn't come home on the school bus that afternoon. No word on what may have happened in between.

Now it appears he was marked absent that day, even though he was obviously at the school.

Draft saved Draft deleted