1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missing baby in KC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Casey Anthony finds it completely believable.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I was scrolling down, and saw the name and thought the same thing.

welcome back Simon.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

FBI: Johnson County landfill search tied to Lisa Irwin case (missing baby)
    nbcactionnews.com ^ | October 7, 2011 | Aaron Heintzelman

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 2:23:20 PM
    SHAWNEE, Kan. - The FBI confirms the search of a Johnson County landfill was connected to the case of a 10-month-old missing Kansas City girl. More than a dozen law enforcement officers searched the Deffenbaugh Industries Johnson County landfill in white protective suits. By a little before 2 p.m. CDT, they had cleared the scene without appearing to have taken anything from the landfill. An FBI spokeswoman confirmed what NBC Action News first reported, that the search is in connection to the case of Lisa Irwin, who was reported missing Tuesday morning.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/Tip-Johnson-County-landfill-search-tied-to-Lisa-Irwin-case

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

1. Nobody kidnaps 10-month-old babies. You can't pass off a 10-month-old baby as your own, and sexual predators don't target kids that young. Plus, 10-month-old babies are needy and completely high-maintenance.

2. No kidnapper also goes from room to room in a crowded house and steals all 3 cell phones, including the cell phone of a man who wasn't even home at the time. Convenient, though, that they can now claim that the tracking from the cell phone towers wasn't them.

This case is so fishy it's not even funny. I have my theories but instead I'll just hope that the baby is found safe and sound somewhere.

5. Deeper_Background

FBI Moves Baby Lisa Search To Irwin Backyard

3:50 p.m. CDT, October 7, 2011
    KANSAS CITY, Mo.—
    An early morning dumpster fire on Tuesday led investigators to search a Johnson County landfill in the Lisa Irwin case. By late afternoon Friday, the search had moved to the Irwin backyard.

In addition to the landfill search, the investigators with theFBI Evidence Response Team began searching the neighborhood around the Irwin home with metal detectors and by hand. There is no word on what investigators are looking for, specifically.

Police said someone reported a dumpster fire at an apartment complex at 4897 NE 37th Street at 2:27 a.m. on Tuesday, October 4. The dumpster is less than a half a mile away from the Irwin home. Friday's search was the second time investigators visited the landfill.

Ten-month-old Lisa Irwin was reported missing by her parents around 4 a.m. Tuesday.

Investigators examined the trash from the fire two times. On Friday they examined it again. Also on Friday, police returned to the Johnson County Deffenbaugh Industries' landfill for the second time.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-police-search-landfill-police-scour-landfill-in-search-of-baby-lisa-20111007,0,5538504.story

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw the couple on Today Show this a.m. - got a very weird vibe. Feel bad saying that because we don't know anything yet. But I suspect I'd have a bright spotlight on them 'twer I the authorities.

7. billikens

billikens Member

The search is intensifying around the parents. The night they reported their baby missing there was a dumpster fire at 2:30 a.m. about a half mile from the family's house. The mother failed a lie detector test. The cops came out and said the parents had stopped cooperating. The parents then said that, in fact, they were cooperating, which was a surprise to police, who say the parents have a lawyer and have refused to answer questions since Thursday.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Does anyone have a conclusion I can jump to?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-teen-questioned-police-california-tip/story?id=14695496

9. Deeper_Background

Teenage boy was having an affair with mama?

Draft saved Draft deleted