1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miss USA "personal issue" being examined

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

No, but I got my fill of the hypocrisy doing the city/government beat in Elizabethtown.

When you see dry proponents at galas drinking wine or bourbon, it makes you scratch your head.

If you have no problem drinking the stuff, then why would you have a problem with it being sold legally in your municipality?

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

TMZ is reporting that she will be dethroned: http://www.tmz.com/2006/12/15/first-runner-up-to-become-miss-usa/

3. Freelance Hack

Losing a beauty crown isn't all that bad. It didn't hurt Vanessa Williams any.

Hell, there are very few Miss USA or Miss America winners who are even remembered after their reign is done. If anything, the notoriety of losing her crown may help give Tara more publicity.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What does Miss USA get kicked to the curb for? Refusing to fellate Donald Trump?

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

People in my town go to Nelson County all the time for their alcohol. The cops don't do a damn thing about it.

6. Freelance Hack

At least they can now get a drink in a hometown restaurant though. That's at least a little progress.

And, I've been to the first chance-last chance places in Nelson and Bullitt counties. Steep prices and poor selections. You're almost better off driving up to Louisville.

7. KYSportsWriter

That's not what I saw the night I was at a party with some friends...

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ah, the first chance place on the left side of the road as you leave Mercer and hit Anderson County. Heaven.

9. KYSportsWriter

Uh, wrong town freelance. I live in the land of Lincoln and there isn't a restaurant that serves alcohol. That county is as dry as it gets.

10. Freelance Hack

Having learned of Miss USA's one-time tryst with KYSportsWriter, Donald Trump has decided to take the crown off Tara Conner's head...

11. Freelance Hack

My apologies. Not for being wrong, but for where you live. :D

12. KYSportsWriter

One-time tryst? Haha.

Hahahahaha. Trust me, I know it's bad. But hey, I'm not paying rent by living at home...

Draft saved Draft deleted