1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miss Universe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Doom and gloom, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the Latvian contestant lying about her age. Looks like she's 42 not 22 on that link of mug shots that was posted.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I couldn't see Miss Ethiopia. Was she standing sideways?

Ducking and covering ....

3. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

She probably got to the U.S. at 2, adopted, and is looking quite healthy.

I'm TIVOing that Queer Eye guy out of the coverage.....his drama and ranting is just a notch above nausea in my book.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I thought the exact same thing. I showed one of my guy friends and he said, "That is NOT a milf. That's gross."

5. Doom and gloom

Pretty bad mug. Damn.

That Miss Lebanon gal looks like she just got told her Hezbollah brother got blown to bits.

6. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

where the hell is the italy representative? i love italian women and they are not represented on the website. WTF?

7. Doom and gloom

She got booted for a head butt early in the competition.

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Switzerland appropriately Barbie-esque, but a little cross-eyed.
    Paraguay has too many ribs showing in her upper chest. That left-eye tick is interesting too. Good strut, though.
    Japan - Pretty, but obvious boob job.
    USA - Too many ruffleson the dress, sort of a "That girl from Laguna Beach who dated Nick Lachey for the pub" look. Generic SoCal, but that usually plays well.
    Puerto Rico - Dress not flattering, kind of pushes her boobs up way beyond the stratosphere, hair looks greasy.

Guessing? Switzerland, followed by USA, then Japan.
    Puerto Rico not a playa.

Can't believe I just rated the Miss Universe contestants. Doesn't seem to be a bumper crop, although I like Ivory girls, as girls go, and I'm betting all of them look a lot better in a pair of Daisy Dukes and a pony tail than with all that war paint.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

On the official miss universe site, you can pull up full-body shots of each contestant in bathing suits. Miss Lebanon is standing sideways in a one-piece (the only one I've seen not in a bikini, but I haven't looked at them all) and she has her hair covering her shoulder. Like she's trying to play by the rules but show as little as she can.

10. Doom and gloom

That SoCal look was born and bred in Kentucky.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Miss USA reminds me of Carrie Underwood.  She's got that mid-south accent and "every-American girl's dream" look.  Just my superficial view of her, but she sounds slightly unprepared when answering questions.  

12. Doom and gloom

The playa just played it to the top.

Draft saved Draft deleted