1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miss Hill really outdid herself this time..thanks ESPN..thanks for the gift...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's not her shittiest column.

But if you're going to make this sort of thing your bread and butter, at least make an effort to clothe your ideas. People would think you might know what the fuck you're talking about. A phone call to get a current quote is not much to ask.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Really? Bolt's THE sensation of the Olympics?

Michael Phelps has something to say about that. Or have you forgotten abotu his exploits so soon?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: Miss Hill really outdid herself this time..thanks ESPN..thanks for the gift.

Can't wait till she Mad Libs this column in four years and uses it to excoriate all the white people who called the baton-transfer fundamentals sloppy and inept all the while slurping about the track sprint relay teams.

Bad, badddddddddddddddddddddddd white people!

Simple JackJemele

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I go with Bolt.

He literally was electrifying.

Phelps gave me the feel of dominance in one of his races. And, at best, he tied at the end of another. And he was wearing the Harry Potter magic suit, so his setting any World Record is bogus to me. Swimming was an embarrassment this Olympics because of those suits and how they totally wiped the slate in a single Games.

Bolt.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wonder what the Seminole Hippie thinks of Jemele now.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Re: Miss Hill really outdid herself this time..thanks ESPN..thanks for the gift.

Then your opinion is meaningless.

This just in: NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT RACE. And people who can't see outside that prism are as racist as the people they condemn.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice to see she's given up on race baiting.... dumbass...
    this part floored me...

You're right. It was far more disrespectful. But A) The Winter Olympics don't capture attention like the Summer Olympics do and B) Those who paid attention sure as hell teed up the U.S. Hockey Team... Had this site been what it is today, for example, we'd be ripping them for weeks.

What a dumbass...

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

No shit. So I guess the Jewish community must be hurt over critical comments on Larry's coaching during 2004.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Why not wait for them to win one more game before you write this?

I agree, some current quotes would be nice.

I also have a feeling there will be some much, much better stuff written about this team in the next few days.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I can think of one or two people on here who would have been all "answer the damn question" when the players refused to answer questions about trashing the hotel rooms.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Then tell Jemele the same thing. If everything is not about race, she's the one that needs to be told this, not me. My byline isn't on that poor effort.

She's still a work in progress as a columnist, moreso than many others ESPN and most of the other big boys employ. In addition to a poorly constructed argument and lack of quotes and other background supporting her cause, she then whips out the race card too quickly.

If you wish to bash me because I didn't write a long analysis on why that column stunk, fine. But if you're claiming I'm racist, we're going to have a serious problem.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Truer words have rarely been spoken around here.

And Sam, I think Arnold's first sentence was blue font, and I don't think the rest of his post was addressed toward you.

Draft saved Draft deleted