1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miss California versus Gay Blogger Perez Hilton On Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I don't see where anybody did anything wrong here.

She was asked a question and she answered it honestly, for which I applaud her even though I disagree with her.

If Hilton didn't vote for her because of it, that is his right as a judge. Was he supposed to ignore the fact that he didn't like her answer? If so, why ask questions in the first place? And who knows, maybe she gained some other judge's vote because of what she said.

What is there to criticize?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Smug and smarmy... Can't stand him..

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Yes, how horrible that someone like that would defile something deep, meaningful and sacrosanct like a beauty pageant.

This is a case of a PERFECT match. Shallow, vacuous garbage with the appropriate adjuncts.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The "Oh woe is us, the gays and the PC police are after us!" crap is so silly.

Honestly, like anyone gives a shit what Miss California or Perez Hilton have to say about anything.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, but she's taking a helluva lot more heat than if she had come out against tax credits for electric cars. When it comes to the gay community, there's only one opinion that counts, and it's theirs.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's not ignorance to be against gay marriage. It's an opinion. She didn't say gays should be rounded up and sent to concentration camps.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Saw a clip of her a minute ago on Hannity show (which I'm no fan of)
    She is super strong, though. A really classy, down-to-earth, admittedly un-perfect woman.
    She seems like a really cool chick.
    Like several others on this thread, I am proud for her being able to express her true feelings.
    So many people can't.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm proud she told the way she really felt, instead of some coached up non-answer. But if you're going to speak your mind, get ready for the occasional backlash.

Talk is cheap, freedom of speech isn't. And she's paying the price.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dead to me.

(Mo Rocca, not you.)

Draft saved Draft deleted