1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misery & The Exorcist

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Apr 21, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

They're on back-to-back tonight. Again, I'm getting no much needed sleep! Damn it!

They're on AMC, if you get it.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Dude, what good is an edited version of The Exorcist?

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

This is a cable movie channel. No edits. At least not up here in Canuckistan.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ah. Fucking puritanical U.S. :mad:

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I do have to say Doc, one of the things I actually like about the CRTC is the fact that some (not all) profanity/nudity can be used "in the name of art."

Example (and a bad one, but . . .): That stupid new Fergie song Glamorous. In America, they can't say "take your broke ASS home." Up here? It's OK. Further north, I've heard fuck in songs.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So, do you think the line, "Your mother sucks cocks in Hell" will make it into your broadcast? :D

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

It has before. I'm sure it will tonight.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Kathy Bates is so creepy as Annie Wilkes.

She is so what I imagine as the deep Bible-thumping women in the middle of this country.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The true test is if the "Let Jesus F$#% YOU!" scene makes it in.

Shivers down the spine for this former Catholic boy.

10. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I just watched this when they showed it another night, and it always makes me think of a time I saw it as a kid, when I watched it with my mom. Because my mom, you see, looks just a tad - a tad, like Annie Wilkes. And there was that one time when she wakes up Paul, with the camera fish-lensing on her face, only to jab a needle in his arm. Well, the morning after I watched it with my mom, she woke me up, making me the camera...and I flipped out. I just totally flipped right there in bed. Goooood morning.

11. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I love the scene where she's trying to explain to him that not everyone swears. "At the feedstore do I say, 'Oh, now Wally, give me a bag of that F-in' pig feed, and a pound of that bitchly cow corn?' At the bank do I say, 'Oh, Mrs. Malenger, here is one big bastard of a check, now give me some of your Christ-ing money!'" For months after the movie came out, my friends and I would say "bitchly cow corn" for no reason whatsoever.

Draft saved Draft deleted