1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miserable...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Nov 10, 2009.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

yes, you are too dedicated. sounds dumb, but true. could just be a cold, but you can give it to others and they may have young kids. if you feel guilty tell them they can call you if they have questions.

2. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Use your sick days. You're entitled to them. And I second all those who pointed out consideration for others in the office. At my place, we had a guy who came in one day a couple weeks ago and hacked his freakin' guts out the entire day. Non. Stop. Coughing. Wouldn't go home. The entire office was utterly disgusted. Why someone didn't go to HR to force him to go home, I'll never know. He ended up taking the next four days off. Swine flu. No joke.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Your health is far more important than any stupid story or any busywork at the office. Take the effing day off!

I can't ground you, but go to your room! And lie down!

4. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

After 2 years, I'd say you're entitled to call in sick. Plus, you don't want to take out your whole department.

I've also known Gatorade to be good for that shaky, bleah feeling. Maybe it's the electrolytes but it seems to help with dehydration and that shaky, weak feeling I've often found.

Hope you feel better.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

had this a couple weeks ago. Slogged through one day, because I knew I had write a long feature in addition to my regular weekly stuff and had no other day to do it. Day after that, I lasted a half day before going home and passing out.

Got progressively better after that. Then I brought in post-Halloween candy to apologize to everyone for exposing them to my germs. That helped.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Well, we could say I split the difference.

I did go in and did my section, but I canceled the event and interview, and ditched the council meeting.

When I got home about 6:30 p.m., I crawled into jammies, then fell asleep on the couch for about six hours.

Still feel rotten this morning (at least the sore throat isn't anywhere near as bad) - but I already told the powers that be that I won't be in today.

I have plans of staying in my jammies, watching mindless drivel on TV, doing some reading and sleeping.

Someone mentioned spreading this to co-workers with small children. That's probably where it came from. The only ones that have small children are in the ad department, which I stayed away from yesterday. Actually, I stayed away from pretty much everyone yesterday.

Oh. And Bubs?

You are SO TOAST!

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Oh yeah. A "pho" place?

What the hell is a pho place?

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Pho (pronounced "fuh") is a Vietnamese noodle soup and one of mankind's finest creations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I can guarantee there is nothing even closely resembling that where I live.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Thought that might be the case. Still, keep an eye out for a Vietnamese place next time you're near the Big City. It'll be well worth your effort.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Well, it's Day Two of staying home from work.

I feel guilty as all get-out, but I really need to sleep after staying up coughing a good part of the night.

At least the stuffy head and sore throat are pretty much gone, so I know I'm getting better.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Just keep resting and you should be back in full Mom mode by later today, I'm thinking. :D

And don't stress about work! I know you have a deadline to make.....but your health is more important right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted