1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miserable, sad story about Adrian Peterson's son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He didnt even know he had this kid til recently. Its just another seed he planted.
    He had no interest before, why should he care now?

Go to work.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Exactly.

He didn't care about this kid, so now he does?

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Was it really even his kid? Sounds like that was never conclusively established.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Who here is making $13 million a year? Who here has only 16 days out of the year when their work counts?

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't have faulted Peterson a bit if he'd sat this week. But his circumstances are slightly different.

5. Bodie_Broadus

I don't know about the NFL but my employer gives three days bereavement leave. After that you don't get paid.

Don't make Peterson out to be some kind of wonderful human. If he didn't care enough to see the kid in the two years prior, he's a shitty father.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Every indication is that he took an interest once he learned of the child's existence. Are there many guys out there who can say with 100% certainty that there's definitely not a junior they don't know about?

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Didn't he just find out about the kid?

8. Bodie_Broadus

Tebow can.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was wondering about that, too. Even if he is, he had never even met this child until after the beating took place. It is still horrible, but he was never a father to the child

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Even if he only met the child when he was on life support, even if he was never a "father" to the kid, it would still (hopefully) be pretty jarring to have all of this happen in this particular way.

What I'm trying to say is, who are any of us to say how another person would or should act under the circumstances?

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think Yankee makes a great point. Baron would be up in arms if someone from the other side used that term.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Exactly. Everybody deals with tragic situations differently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.