1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miserable, sad story about Adrian Peterson's son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

There's no need to rush it. He's in custody on a bond he isn't going to be able to make. Homicides that are the result of child abuse can be incredibly complicated. Better to be prudent and make sure they charge correctly on the front end, especially when they have time because they've got him on ice with the assault charges.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Peterson had never met his son?!?!?!

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Baron, could we get a definition of "welfare trash"?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Another absent father? Maybe if Peterson had been with his son, none of this would have happened.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

So that picture that is making it's way around Facebook of Adrian handing the football to a little boy (that someone has now made an angel) isn't of this little one?

I'm shocked that people grabbed onto some cause on Facebook, not knowing a goddamn thang about it, and ran with it. Shocked.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Really? You're gonna' bukkake this thread with your nonsense too?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Read the TMZ story.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

If the TMZ report is correct, it's a kid he didn't even know existed until just recently, like within the last month or two, so why not loosen the knot in your shorts until you know more about the situation?

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

This may be the dumbest thing you've ever posted on here. Read the damn thread before you throw this crap out there. And even if he had known about the kid and wasn't a part of his life, it still isn't his fault this happened. Just plain ignorant to lay it at his feet.

10. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I think Walter Football handled the Adrian Peterson news completely inappropriately. Thoughts?

http://walterfootball.com/nflnotes2013.php

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Since you're so interested, the guy moved into her house because he had been jobless for multiple months, which gave him plenty of time to hook up with the neighbor, and was collecting welfare. The woman was complaining to my wife that she kept telling him to go out and look for work, but he was spending a lot of time on his ass watching TV. And of course, she'd add after her complaint ... "I know he has problems ... but I love him." The same shit you hear from these women all the time when their boyfriends beat up kids.

And the TV was also one of the main reasons why the piece of garbage was screaming at my son, because my son would waddle in front of the TV and block him from seeing his precious TV shows.

Is that explanation sufficient for you?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Seemed a little judgmental.

What did his welfare status have to do with it, and if it had nothing to do with anything, why bring it up?

You seemed to equate his welfare status with a flaw in (or a lack of) his character or morality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.