1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miserable, sad story about Adrian Peterson's son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

There aren't enough levels of hell

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-son-assault-battery-2-year-old-police-child-abuse/

2. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I was just going to post that story, Moddy. Just miserable.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can we reserve a special spot in purgatory for the fantasy football and gambling folks who have cranked out "How will this affect the game?" blog posts and Tweets?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Have people actually done that?

5. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Ugh. Just ugh. :(

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep.

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2013/10/now-worst-fantasy-football-tweet-will-ever-read-life/

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rotoworld is on my bookmarks.

====
    Adrian Peterson (personal) told reporters he will play in Week 6 against the Panthers "without a doubt."
    Coach Leslie Frazier publicly confirmed the news. Peterson flew to South Dakota late this week to attend to a family matter involving his two-year-old son. The fact that Peterson was back at Vikings headquarters on Friday and will start against Carolina hopefully means the young boy is doing well. "I'm able to release a lot of stress through sports," Peterson told reporter Sean Jensen. "I really appreciate all the support from fans and the Vikings. I ask y'all respect my privacy."
    ====

Very unseemly, OTOH that has become a go-to news site for me too, so in their setup it's difficult to have any filter like Inky's talking about.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm not going to fault a site like Rotoworld making a public mention of the fantasy impact. It's obvious an utterly insignificant part of such a terrible story -- but that tiny part of the story is what a place like Rotoworld is there for. It exists for fantasy news. The question of whether he plays is a big deal to their audience.

If any "mainstream" sports sites put any focus on it, screw 'em.

9. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

His son has passed away.

RIP

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

How can anyone hurt a child like this? I hope South Dakota has the death penalty or that every day the alleged beater spends in jail is filled with constant rape and beatings.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Echoing Moddy: Not enough levels of hell.

What the F is wrong with people?

He's 2.

T-W-O.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Has anyone seen confirmation that the youngster died?
    I am sick to my stomach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.