1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miscarriage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Splendid Splinter, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.

2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

This thread pops into my mind from time to time. Sorry about the latest news, S-squared. We're thinking of you and sending strength your way.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm so sorry. My sister-in-law had two -- and now have two strapping boys. My mom had one in the mid-'70s. Prayers.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

thanks. Those words do help. A lot.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Splinter. You are certainly not alone. My wife had two before we had our daughter. One of my best friends and his wife had two and then had twin girls. I’d bet 70 percent of our friends have had at least one. So many were able to comfort my wife with similar experiences.

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

this is why I created this thread and why I told a bunch of random people on the internet. It’s reassuring to read your post and same with @MileHigh

I’m more positive than my girlfriend. I keep telling her it will happen when the time is right. I’m a firm believer that these things happen for a reason.

our 2021 motto will be “third time is a charm”

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm glad you are taking comfort in our outpouring here. Because I feel it's genuine.

Kind of in the same vein, in the aftermath of the crash that took my sister's family. It was hard for me to accept everyone's compassion. Mostly because I didn't feel they could comprehend. How do they know how I (and my family) feel? And, it's easy in the moment to show that compassion, but out of that, I told people, "Yeah, but check in on us in six months. A year."

But I'll go back into that thread now and again and it reassures me -- we've got a good community here. We really do genuinely care. And we're here for everyone.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Thoughts are with you. Keep your heads up.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

My condolences, Splendid Splinter.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

So sorry, Splinter.

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Very sorry for what you and your gf are going through. I wish you all the best moving forward.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

@Splendid Splinter , my Nos. 2 and 3 came after a series of miscarriages — 3 pregnancies, including one that was far enough along that we knew there were twins. It was a rough, rough ride. And when we were ready to give up — mentally prepared for our oldest to be an only child — the stars aligned. Be there for her, and take time to grieve and to breathe, and all the best to both of you for 2021.

Draft saved Draft deleted