1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miscarriage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Splendid Splinter, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I don't like to be personal, but I need to just write words right now. Found out last night that my girlfriend had a miscarriage. I'm a wreck. I know it happens, and it does not mean that she will not get pregnant again, but I'm just not sure how to deal with it. I'm being very supportive since my girlfriend keeps crying so I am there for her. Anyone else ever dealt with this? Again, do you can ignore this, and I understand if my post is all over the place but I'm just numb right now.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hang in - one of my sisters had three and a full-term stillborn. It is devastating and you're doing all you can do by being supportive. Hard on you, harder on her and the emotions will be all over the map. You have to help her ride it out.

My sister eventually had two healthy children and now has five grandchildren.

Scout and Splendid Splinter like this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. I have no words for the pain and heartache you both are feeling right now. Condolences to you and her.

lakefront and Splendid Splinter like this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Oh man. One word is too many and a hundred's not enough. Be kind to each other. You'll get through it. I send you both the love of the household.

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Sorry. So hard. I know this sounds impossible, but just be what she needs you to be. A shoulder, a hug. Whatever. If she wants to talk, let her talk if she wants to sit silently, let her do that. Every woman handles it differently. Bottom line? Talk less, listen more.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine the grief. Sending thoughts your way.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Sincere condolences.

My niece (age 39) is pregnant now and is freaking because her mom wants us all over for Thanksgiving. Niece is insisting we all sit outside.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I've been there, and there's no anguish like it. And that's all I'll say.

Don't be too proud to talk to someone. Best wishes.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm so sorry. Hang in there. My wife had multiple miscarriages, not much more to say other than it's awful.

12. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words. She keeps crying.

She loves chocolate ice cream so I went to the store and bought some to cheer her up a bit. She gave me a smile for about half a second. Was worth it. We will get through this.

Draft saved Draft deleted