1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misc. TV Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From what I read, it was a pure cost-cutting move. But it makes zero sense to keep the younger actors on the show, when the demographics identify more with the older characters.

Are Bo and Hope still on there? I know Jack and the lovely Jennifer have left the show.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And I know this is kind of off-topic but rule 1 in business is protect your "brand." I don't know what DOOL is without these two.

But then again, newspapers not only haven't been protecting their "brand," they've been whacking away at the very reason people pick up a specific paper for years.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hilarious that DOOL resurrected and doubled this thread.

Didn't some evil guy on that show wear an eye patch for awhile? Because a guy in an eye patch on a soap opera = villainous gold.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, and they even called him Patch.

[​IMG]

But he eventually became a good guy, joined the ISA, fought Stefano, was dead, buried and rose from the grave to return to the show.

5. DanOregon

Flippin' around tonight and caught the David Foster special on PBS. If you grew up in the last 20-30 years, you'll probably enjoy the show. Incredible line-up, Katherine McPhee, Brian McNight. I know the guy gets a lot of crap for the work he does with Celine Dion, Michael Buble, Josh Grobans and Kenny Gs of the world (they all show up), but the guy's resume is amazing. He's had a hand in a hell of a lot of songs that surprised me. Boz Scaggs, "Look What You've Done to Me," Earth Wind and Fire's "After the Love Has Gone," The Tubes "She's a Beauty," Cheryl Lynn's "Got To Be Real," Toni Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart," and others.
    Didn't realize actress-model Sara Foster is his daughter or that one of his first projects was a teen brother group called The Keane Brothers. Even odder, one of the brothers now does the music for CSI and the other brother wrote "Will You Still Love Me" for Chicago.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Dirty Sexy Money is a great show... What an absolute travesty that it's getting canceled.

You put any show other than Grey's Anatomy up against any of the CSIs or Criminal Minds and it's going to lose.

I'm guessing this has more to do with a really expensive cast than anything else.

7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

So Scrubs is jumping over to ABC. Does anyone remember any other well known shows that switched networks mid-run? I'm trying to think but can't come up with any off the top of my head.

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Oh my god, the Keane Brothers?!?!?! I am dating myself, but I was probably around 10 years old when my parents took us to see them in concert at the Holiday House in Monroeville. I remember Terry Bradshaw and Jo Jo Starbuck were there....I think I got their autograph in my little autograph book. I just went to their web site and I definitely had their first two albums, from 1977 and 1979....yikes!

Thanks for bringing them up and letting me take that trip down memory lane.....it was fun to see those old pictures of them and learn about what their doing now.

9. Isn't this it for Scrubs? The last season?

I can think of three.
    Different Strokes, Taxi and the Wonderful World of Disney.

10. DanOregon

FWIW - I'm not a big "holiday marathon" guy, but I've noticed TV Land's Brady Bunch marathon are all episodes that feature Jan's feelings of inadequacy. The no-talent, only-child, most popular girl and wig episodes are some of the best.

Draft saved Draft deleted