1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misc. TV Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Nov 20, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Word came down today that ABC has whacked Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money.

I'll miss Daisies for Kristin Chenowith alone and it was different. Eli Stone was hit and miss and Dirty Sexy Money lost its fastball this year, but its always nice to see a Baldwin with a tranny and Donald Sutherland at work.

Good news is that Life has received a full season pickup by NBC.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yet Kath and Kim continues its reign of terror on NBC.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

GODDAMMIT!

I live for Pushing Daisies! How will I get my Lee Pace fill now?

And Chi McBride is AWESOME on that show.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Dammit. Really pissed about Eli Stone, but puzzled by Daisies. At least with Stone, they tried it out in a couple of different spots.

Did ABC even try Daisies at any other time slots? You'd think they'd give a critically acclaimed property that courtesy at least, but I don't think they did.

Well, at least Life survived.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I only caught one ep of Eli Stone, but all I kept thinking was "THAT'S Angelina Jolie's first husband? Really?"

Well, that and the fact Victor Garber is one of my old-man crushes. :D

6. DAMNIT! I enjoyed watching Dirty Sexy Money. Turns every week. I guess I can't expect much from a network that gave us Cavemen.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just bought Season 7 of Scrubs and watched it in two days; it's only 11 episodes. I can't wait for the new season to start.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No one has said much about Curb Your Enthusiasm this season.

And what about Californication?

Two best shows on TV.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe that.

Of course, I've not watched DOOL in many years. But I always liked knowing I could flip it on and still see Doc and John Black battling the DiMera clan.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was surprised at that as well, apparently soap operas are going the way of other long-cherished media.
    But I can't believe DOOL would dump those two - especially the way it came out. Do they think more people will watch now? or just that it will be cheaper to produce?
    Hell, they were/are that show.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

If you have to make budget by firing the two most recognizable characters, why even bother? Nobody's tuning in to watch Nick turn into a psycho. [/stuck watching this shit with my wife on TIVO]

Though Alison Sweeney seems to wear less clothing by the day, which is nice. I think they should just ditch her wardrobe.

Draft saved Draft deleted