1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minute Maid Park or Rangers Ballpark?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Aug 10, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Re: Minute Maid Park or Ameriquest Field?

Went to see the Bucs play two weeks ago, and in the eighth inning they announced that $2.50, 16-oz beers would be sold after the game in the stadium club or something like that.

Sweet. Freeking. Deal.

Not only do they understand you need to be hammered before, but you need to be hammered afterwards just to be sure you do not remember anything.

Overnight indoor parking - $5
    Seat 10 rows from the dugout - $27.50
    Hot dog - $1
    Room at the Renaissance (a freeking palace) - $50 a person
    Beer after the game - $2.50 a pop

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's good.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes. And the flagpole was copied from Tiger Stadium. As were the right field bleachers in Arlington.

The Crawford Boxes in left field in Houston weren't copied from anywhere. They were thrown into the design at the last minute because Drayton McLane is a greedy fuck and didn't care that the left field wall would only be 250 fucking feet from home plate.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

When I went last year to Houston for the Astros vs. Phillies game, I didn't mind the hill in center field much. The Crawford Boxes are abysmal though. When the roof opened after the game, the humidity knocked you back about 15 feet.

Talked to my buddy last night and we might go to two games (one each), so we'll see.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

August in Texas is unbearable with air conditioning. Enjoy the stros and fish.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I've never been to the Rangers' stadium -- I went to Arlington Stadium countless times and loved it, even though you'd be taking bets on what inning it would be before the scoreboard thermometer dropped to double digits -- but the place looks like it has absolutely no air circulation at all. Is there any breeze or something to help offset the heat?

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

No.

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

Been to Minute Maid several times (cute, cool, area seemed a little sketchy) and am seeing my first games in Arlington next month. Tried to get a deal on a hotel near the stadium, but with the Cowboys opening their new place that weekend against the Giants, that didn't quite work.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

cold beer

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Rumple, go where you haven't been before. Never miss an opportunity to add a stadium notch to your belt.

And yes, TBIA is surrounded by concrete, but there is plenty to do in the vicinity.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There's a jet stream that blows out when the wind is coming out of the south, which makes the Ballpark the launching pad that it is. But you can't feel it in the stands.

12. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

minute maid > rangers ballpark any day of the week.

there are plenty of bars nearby that are pretty cool to hang out in to make up for the no tailgating.

Draft saved Draft deleted