1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minor-League Goalie Gone Wrong

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Getting pulled in an ECHL game drives you to drink. Drinking drives you into stupidity. Stupidity drives you out of a job

http://deadspin.com/echl-goalie-arrested-after-allegedly-groping-waitress-456445063

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Did Haynesworth take up hockey?

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Phew, I know a goalie for the Orlando Solar Bears, a kid I worked with in junior, but it was not this guy. Guess my guy becomes the starter now!

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He go to penalty box and feel shame.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hanrahan!

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have had nights where I drank a lot. And I certainly have done some stupid things. But the demon rum has never driven me to commit sexual battery and yell racial slurs. That is either in you already or it ain't.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

And if that kind of behavior is in someone's M. O. (so to speak) already, I wonder if he did it when he was not drinking or with teammates at other times. Sort of hope this ends his playing career. Leagues/teams don't need to be dealing with that kind of B. S.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I blame soccer.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Expected that the bar in question would be a Hooters.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This comment on the original story is pretty funny. Well, I thought it was funny

DougExeterUBarry Petchesky1L
    he actually began the year in Predators training camp.

Like so many job applicants in today's market, when he was cut, he was told it was because he was "overqualified." Today 1:31pm

Draft saved Draft deleted