1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minor League Baseball mugs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by greenlantern, Jul 27, 2008.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Anybody know if minor league baseball has a media site with mug shots?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I know milb.com has quite a few, but I'm not sure if they have all of them.

3. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

But do they have a site like mlbpressbox.com?

4. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. But I've had pretty good luck e-mailing individual team PR people.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Couple of ways to approach this.

If the player is on the 40-man roster, his mug will still be on the MLB site.

If not, you may just have to right-click and save off the minorleaguebaseball.com site. It should work for a 5-pica, not much more. You might also check the player's team's own Web site; a few have larger head shots available with their roster.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

On the contrary, an alphabetical list of players, perhaps sorted by first letter of last name without regards to team, would work quite fine on a site like that.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

MiLB.com has made my life so much easier.

I can remember a few years back trying to track and keep up with a batch of minor leagues ... what a pain in the ass.

Now, I can update a list of 30 or so guys in less than an hour and generate enough content for a little weekly update feature, to boot.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

A couple locals are making their way through the minors and it's pretty easy to keep tabs on them with that site.

MiLB.com is a wonderful tool.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's good. baseballamerica.com had the same stats available 10 years ago, though. They were the death knell for the "Player Periscope" service.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Down scope?

11. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted