1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minnesota Wild/NHL Reporter | Star Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ss90, Sep 8, 2017.

1. KeyboardKing

KeyboardKing New Member

I know. Unfortunately, you will always be disappointed if you don't put yourself in a position to get the job you want. Not to pick on valpo, but writing and filing gamers in a car in a hockey rink parking lot and on your cell phone isn't something that should get you a job anywhere in the business, and doesn't even remotely qualify one to be an NHL beat writer at any size paper.

2. Adam94

Adam94 Member

Happy to return to this lovely thread to report the job's been filled by someone who already had lots of NHL beat experience.

3. ss90

ss90 Member

Wow, great to see for a good NHL reporter. Sarah is from Canada, so she must be happy to be headed back to cooler climates. Also great to see the Star Trib break from the precedent and get the best person, not the most convenient.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why would you think Canadians would be happy to move back to a cooler climate?

Fly likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Now when she goes to Phoenix, she'll be on vacation, like the rest of Canada ... ;)

ChrisLong and HanSenSE like this.
  6. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

Seems like a nice replacement for Michael Russo, who was the Wild beat reporter at the Star Tribune since 2005 before recently moving to The Athletic.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Thanks for stopping by, Michael. ;)

I keed! I keed! Congratulations to Sarah. Read her stuff in the Republic and she knows hockey. S-T got a good one.

8. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

Nope.

Draft saved Draft deleted