1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minneapolis Star Tribune files for bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by accguy, Jan 15, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Part of Wisconsin too...

2. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I refuse to recognize Wisconsin until I get my free beer and cheese curds supplied to all natives!

(My great-grandfather lived there, so I'm hoping that qualifies me)

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Been wondering that myself for many months on this board. Heck, it's at the point now where I'd expect some civilian (non-journalist) to be doing likewise in his or her workplace (OK, I know the overwhelming majority of such nutjobs are male). But journalists have that extra few degrees of burning passion that can turn inside-out and ugly.

The worst part is, the profiteers who steered that newspaper to bankruptcy still are living the high life, sitting on mountains of money in their personal lives and in their private equity professional existence. They could make those poor schlubs whole but are hanging them out to dry, from the looks of it.

4. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Funds released by bankruptcy judge

http://www.minnpost.com/braublog/2009/01/20/6033/union_judge_approves_star_tribune_buyout_checks

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I need my glasses... I thought the last line read "Channel 11 sucks" ... which isn't untrue, just not part of the story..

6. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

You are such a bad boy :D

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But how does this affect me, Tom Ryther?

8. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I knew this was coming :D

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If you've spent time in the Cities, most people know it's coming.. . It's part of something magic bout 11 Country...

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Do people still call them the KARE Bears?

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

How is Sid handling his kid's layoff?

Found Bullied somone into giving him a new job yet?

12. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Not like years ago, but they still kare!

Joe, the younger Hartman will work again in this market if he wants to. His old boss is now running WCCO-AM, but they have their own budget concerns at this time. His contract with KFAN still had a long time to run so I'm sure the lawyers are working all that out. He'll land somewhere eventually.

Draft saved Draft deleted