1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minneapolis sj... find me a restaurant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Sep 24, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

50th anniversary, not 50 minutes to eat, shave, shower and shit...
    And my SIL recommended a couople of places. But since I don't go to MSP as much as I used to, was looking for options...

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Erbert & Gerbert's Subs? If you're in a hurry anyway.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought about Psycho Suzie's, but didn't think they'd want to eat at some place from Diner's Driveins and Dives

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Two suggestions, favorites from past visits:

-- Gianni's in Wayzata. Classy, semi-pricey but great food, superior setting (across from Lake Minnetonka), not a bad ride west of Minneapolis.

-- J.D. Hoyt's. Downtown Mpls. Vast menu, great food, active, energetic place.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Ick, who wants to go downtown Minneapolis?

The Lexington, on Grand and Lexington, is a great old-school restaurant.

Oh yeah, and I heart Bubbler. :D

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.foodnetwork.com/road-tasted-with-the-neelys/minneapolis-more-than-you-imagined/index.html

This might help.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Been to Hoyt's... don't think that will fit... Gianni's, maybe.
    Lexington looks pretty good, dont know if the cluster will want to go all the way to St. Paul tho... will have to check...

8. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Throw 'em a curveball. Moscow on the Hill in St. Paul on Selby, just off Summit. Twenty-six minutes from Eden Prairie. Excellent Russian cuisine. Recommend the Siberian pelmini and borscht. Good different. Also vodka flights should someone wish to get wrecked and ruint.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Skyway Lounge in downtown Minneapolis is pretty good.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There's a great Greek place out in Edina, I think, but I'm blanking on the name.

11. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

I dunno about Minneapolis, but if you're ever in NYC and want a slice of authentic New York pizza:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I've always had great service at the Lone Eagle Lounge on the Northwest concourse at the airport. Every time I went to the can, tho, some big guy kept sticking his foot into my stall and asking me, "Is it safe?"

Draft saved Draft deleted