1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minneapolis advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm meeting my best friends from high school there next month. I'm pretty excited because we all had to miss our 20th reunion last year, because one had a wedding he was in, one was deployed (Lt. Col in Air Force) and then two of us opted not to go because the other two weren't there, and I actually see the other one fairly regularly...

One friend is going to be in Minneapolis for a conference that week and the rest of us are going to fly in for a three-day weekend...

I've been to Minneapolis a zillion times, but it's usually, fly in, cover game, fly home...

We're staying near the Mall of America. None of us are party guys... Just four guys pushing 40 who want to catch up... I'm curious if there is a really good steakhouse or some local restaurants that are really worth hitting...

I know there are some people here from up there... Any advice?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If you find yourself in the mens room at the airport don't tap your foot.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Dress warm.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If you want to splurge on a steak place I highly recommend Manny's.

http://www.mannyssteakhouse.com

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I second the Manny's recommendation. Pricey indeed, but excellent.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Cool... That's what I was looking for...

7. Armchair_QB

Couple of good bars in the W Hotel too. One at street level and one on the top floor. Manny's is attached to the W.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Take a cab to St. Paul.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The cheeseburger at Matt's Bar — a Jucy Lucy — that comes with a warning from your server: The melted cheese between the two patties is HOT.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Chino Latino. It has a huge selection of different stuff, some of it exotic, others less so. If you need to change it up after the steakhouse night, go there.

http://www.chinolatino.com/

French Meadows is also a great breakfast spot.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Since you're all old farts, if you don't stop at Nye's to have a beer while listening to polka music, you've lost out.

12. Armchair_QB

Also, if it's not too late to change your hotel reservations I'd suggest booking rooms downtown instead of out by the MoA.

Unless, of course, you like hotels full of old ladies from the Dakotas and Iowa in town to power shop.

Draft saved Draft deleted