1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mind your F'ing business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

One day last summer I was in the mall with my son. I'd just gone to the bank and I was going to take him for lunch. Like most little kids he always wears baseball hats and on this day he was sporting a Gap one somebody had got him for a birthday or Christmas or something.

So this old bat comes up to us (outside Zellers ironically enough, Beef) and says "Excuse me..."

I figure she needed directions to the lottery kiosk or the Tims.

So we stop. "Yes?", I say.

"I see your son is wearing a Gap hat."

Now I know exactly where she's going with this but before I can say anything she storms on.

"You know what Gap means don't you? It means gay and proud. Children shouldn't wear hats like that..."

I said, "Look he doesn't care what it means and neither do I. He just likes the hat. Do you make a habit of randomly stopping people in the mall to talk about garbage like that?"

"Well I'm sorry if I offended you," she stammered.

I made sure my son was looking away (he was fixated on all the stuff in the sporting goods store window) and got as close to her as I could and hissed, "It's too fucking late for that now."

And off we went to lunch with my son asking, "What does Gap stand for, daddy?"

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

the sad thing is that this loser probably really believes that gap stands for 'gay and proud.' what a fucking moron. a rude moron, too.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

No problem ... tell him it stands for "Goalie and Proud". :D

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'm mildly surprised . I had come to think that worrying about others business was ingrained in Canadian culture.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Perfect! He'll go for that!

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You should have heard the earful I got when I took my nephew to the mall sporting a hat that read "ATM."

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't even want to know what kind of sick shit your nephew is into.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Will you marry me?

9. sportsed

sportsed Guest

This story reminded me of Saturday Night Live:

We have some lovely horiday candrs.

APPROVED!

10. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Thanks, OTR. Your posts made my day. Jesus, that shit is funny.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Dixie Chicken?

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Zeller's sucks. [/rainman]

Draft saved Draft deleted