1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mind your F'ing business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jul 6, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

If you are ever have pulled off #4, you are my hero.
    The heck with that, you are my hero for even coming up with it.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Note to self: Never cross OnTheRiver. :D

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Eureka! looking at the receipt I found the operator number and all the rest of the info I need. Thanks for the link Perry White.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Target store near my hometown, senior year in college. Prick working the register one night sighed, HEAVILY, and rolled his eyes when I brought a cart full of groceries to his line. He even made some comment to the girl working the next register that he "had planned on meeting his friends for a cigarette on break until he got a big order."

I asked if I was inconveniencing him with my business.

Him: "(Sigh...) No, dude. Whatever makes you think that?"

I spoke with his manager right there in front of him -- and she was a MEAN ol' bitch. Tore his ass up in front of everyone.

A couple of months later, I came in, gathered a cartload of groceries -- even poked a leak in a bag of sauerkraut -- and took them up front. Got them all up, got to the end, and "remembered" that my checkbook was in the car.

Hope he enjoyed the cleanup, the smartmouth little fucker.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I'm actually an even-keeled guy most of the time. Moddy and Bubbler have both met me, and can speak to this.

But "fuck you" attitudes -- either from co-workers or people from whom I'm buying stuff -- falls into the "Shit I Won't Tolerate" category.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Most of the time.

I think taking that waiter's head and repeatedly bashing it against the table was a little much because the wings were too hot but I understand where you were coming from and all that.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That cracked me up.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

That wasn't the waiter.

That was the cook.

And dammit if we didn't ask for the mild sauce instead of the medium.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm hip.
    And, yes, my bad. It was the waiter you picked up and threw into the mirror in the back of the bar on your way to get to the cook.

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

or, as my esteemed colleague Del B. Vista once intoned, she's a nosy bitch in need of a 35-foot storm surge of STFU.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

man, whats' wrong with people that makes them think they can interject their opinions into your life?

it's not like i'm the paragon of civility or a budding ms. manners but i would never dream of saying anything to someone about their weight, how to raise their kids, their appearance, etc.

i'm guessing these people who feel the need to give you their opinion on everything are covering up for their own insecurities. they're probably also nagging assholes who can't make a relationship last because they're nagging assholes.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

That and they work at a department store full-time.

Draft saved Draft deleted