1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mind your F'ing business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I fucking hate people who don't know when to shut the fuck up or mind their own business.

Today I was in a Zellers (don't know if they have them down south, it's a discount dept. store in Canada, like K-Mart) pricing out BBQ's for a wedding present, anyways, on the way out I see some shorts on sale, and low and behold, actually in my size. I've never made any mystery about my size on here, I am a big guy 6'4" pushing three bills. Anyways, I get in line to pay and the guy ahead of me, he had to be in his late 40s early 50s, is buying some baby clothes, so thecheckout lady feels compelled to tell him simple basic shit about raising a kid like making sure to have enough diapers on hands and shit like that. He responds as he's leaving "These are for my grand daughter, I've raised a kid before."

My thought was 'good, she should mind her own business.'

Anyways, She rings my stuff through and then feels like she needs to fucking lecture me on the risks of fucking obesity and diabetes, and being over weight. It took every ounce of effort in my body not to tell her to shut the fuck up, that I am well aware of the risks of obesity and diabetes, that my father who is a diabetic, just suffered a heart attack (seriously he did) yesterday morning, and that I am well aware of my size and have actually lost 40 pounds in the last six months (which I have). I came this close to fucking reporting her to her manager. Fucking people, where do they get off.

Rant over.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd have punched the bitch, and congrats on the weight loss. It's not easy.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh, why didn't you report her to the manager?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And Beef, the lesson  you learned today is never shop at Zellers. :)

And, seriously, sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he's OK.

And yes, you should have reported her to the manager.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Now, maybe she's just a caring person who isn't lucky enough to have much human contact on a regular basis outside of her work, so she tries to make the most of it by trying to help others...

or she's a nosy bitch who needs a 6-pack of STFU.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Joe Moore wouldn't have put up with her crap!

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I had my little brother with me, I was fuming, and I knew if I said anything it would be a blue streak and would cause a major scene. It has been one of those two days where shit just keeps happening. I know I won't be buying the BBQ from there.

THanks for the kind wishes about my Dad, the doc called it a minor heart attack and he has already been scheduled for an angiogram tomorrow in the city, and maybe even surgery as well. They'll know more tomorrow.

8. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I bought a styrofoam cooler at Zellers once. (Our fridge at the Holiday Inn would hold only so much beer.)

That's my only contribution to the conversation.

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

If you still want to complain: https://www.hbc.com/zellers/contact/ContactCustService.asp?site=ZELLERS&catid=3

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Thanks SC, it has been a complete life style change for me, especially considering my diet and the pounds keep melting off, my goal is another 60 to bring me down to my high school graduation weight of 230 - but back then most of it was muscle.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Unfortunately I didn't get here name, I was too pissed and just wanted to get the fuck out of there.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

1.) Tell her you'll take life advice from someone working the checkout line about the same day you'll call your minister to ask about sex toys.

2.) Not only do you report her to the manager, you do it right there in front of her. Make her pick up whatever the fuck color phone they've got at this hellhole, ring the man in charge, and proceed to voice your complaint right. in. front. of. her.

3.) Get her name and her manager's name, and write a letter to the store's corporate office, with cc's to the store manager and Ms. Talks Too Much. Talk about your years and years of patronage at the store, as well as the money you've spent with your family, and how this incident has you convinced that your money would be better spent at Wal-Mart.

4.) Six months later, if she's still working there, go in, get two carts full of stuff, put it all on her conveyor belt, have her get almost finished, then "remember" that you left your checkbook in the car. Then leave that store for the final time.

Draft saved Draft deleted