1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Milwaukee: Turn the other cheek...and then shoot them

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by armageddon, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

God damn right. Don't fuck with us!

2. pallister

pallister Guest

It's worse than all of them.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Don't tempt me, I'll fuck you after your dead.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

"you're," dumbass. :D

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I finally have a sig.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Note to self;

Don't fuck with bubs and milwaukee.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I could join in the joking about my once-fine home town, but it's not a joking matter. Once a top-10 city in the 50s, Milwaukee is home to complete and utter fail now. It became a welfare magnet in the late '60s/early '70s as Wisconsin offered outlandishly high welfare payments. Bad behavior was rewarded. Now the chickens have come home to roost.

The inner city of Milwaukee is a cesspool. The Milwaukee Public Schools system is a complete shambles with a drop-out rate of over 50%, and too many of those who do make it to graduate are still functionally illiterate.

The city's Common Council is dominated by race-hustlers who vote in stupid and terrible programs and always raise taxes. One came perilously close to being re-elected (he won his primary from jail) while being held on state and federal corruption charges of which he eventually was convicted. The County Board of Supervisors is just as bad. Productive people are fleeing the city and county for the suburbs. And the school board for Milwaukee Public Schools just voted in a 14% increase in the property tax levy while they're blowing money at a mind-numbing pace.

The city will eventually collapse upon itself.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

9. Hey! That came from SW Wisconsin! You can't have that.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Wow, I mean wow. I can't believe you left beer and brautwurst off your list. It is one of the few things I know about Milwaukee.

11. It also would have helped if the MPD hadn't been a haven for lunatic racists for about 50 years.

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Nice lakefront and one hell of a baseball park, though.

The daily newspaper, not so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted