1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel buyouts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lantaur, May 1, 2014.

1. lantaur

lantaur Active Member

More attrition. I've heard of at least 2 names in the sports department.

Here's a good rundown of the recent buyouts there:
    http://urbanmilwaukee.com/2014/04/30/back-in-the-news-another-journal-sentinel-purge/

2. TarHeelMan

TarHeelMan Member

Wonder what kind of severance package most were getting?

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

This is why I tell people to do business with our advertisers. American Appliance was a big advertiser in the MJS and one advertiser gone equals this. I shudder to think what would happen if one of our big advertisers went bye-bye.

4. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard New Member

In the past, it's been two weeks' pay for every year of full-time employment. Probably the same this time.

5. TarHeelMan

TarHeelMan Member

I think 2 weeks for every year worked is likely better than most operations....

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The company tried to cut it back to one week and it's one of the things the Guild held very strong on. Things really suck in Milwaukee but they'd be much worse without the Guild.

7. TarHeelMan

TarHeelMan Member

No doubt! I would guess that one week per year employed is the going rate, sadly

Draft saved Draft deleted