1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Milton Bradley Designated for Assignment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thedeparted, Jun 21, 2007.

1. thedeparted

thedeparted New Member

Are Milton Bradley's playing days in Oakland over? What went wrong? Getting rid of Bradley wouldn't seem to be a smart move for Oakland considering he is clearly one of their most talented players when healthy and was the one A's hitter who showed up for the AL Championship series last year. However, this link from mlb.com makes it seem that the controversial Bradley is headed out of Oakland. What are your takes on this transaction?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070621&content_id=2040883&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Perhaps he can get career advice from Dave Parker. And his brother.

Injury and attitude problems; I'd say the A's are adding by subtracting. But he'll latch on with someone who needs a fourth OF or a DH. If Oakland can get a mid-level propsect for him, so much the better.

3. boots

boots New Member

Do not put Milton Bradley in Dave Parker's class. Parker had much more talent than Bradley. Simply put, Bradley never matured into the player HE THOUGHT he was.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I think you missed what I was going for in that line.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I don't think Milton Bradley has a clue! It really boggles the mind how much of a monopoly on stupidity this man has.

Given the Yankees current need, I wouldn't be surprised if they took the risk to move upwards. However, adding him to the team will truly make their post-season hopes a trivial pursuit.

We all know he's not sorry for his actions. Bradley needs to get a life.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If nothing else, Milton Bradley is a gamer.

7. thedeparted

thedeparted New Member

Do you think there is something else going on behind closed doors we don't know about? I have followed Bradley throughout his career because of his great tools and controversial nature. After having problems in other organizations he seemed to be doing well in Oakland being more comfortable in their laid back clubhouse and getting along well with his teammates. Then all of a sudden one day he is being shipped out!!? What went wrong?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just when you get bored with all the games, Meat does something like this...

9. boots

boots New Member

Perhaps, but Milton was a trip to work with, even after a great game.

10. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Maybe the D-Rays can sign him so he can show Elijah Dukes the error of his ways.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

How many teams have given him away now? Oh, every one he's ever been on?

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

How about the White Sox?

Draft saved Draft deleted