1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miller, Coors to merge

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Oct 9, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That's a good question. Seems like they're diluting (har har) both brand names this way.

And how does that MillerCoors vs. CoorsMiller discussion go at the conference table? One of these brands that has spent like a century building itself is going to have to come second in the name. Do they flip a coin? Is there some sort of monetary concession to Coors? Do they just agree that MillerCoors sounded way better?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

See American Airlines Phoenix and Miami.

The real question is how this affects NASCAR? Will the brands go after different demographics?

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

And the only problem with either is that you have to tie your penis in a knot in order to retain enough to keep a halfway decent buzz on.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

If you prefer to drink it slowly.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Do not fuck with my High Life, Coors.

It cracks me up how Pabst has somehow become the beer of choice for some, but Miller High Life is shit on. High Life is much better.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

PBR has some weird faux-trailer park cool where I am. All the bars in the arty section of town have it in cans, and most on tap. It's like the trucker cap of beer.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Eh, let 'em merge. Just as long as neither one gets its hands on New Belgium.

As for the stadiums, it stayed Coors Field when Coors and Molson merged, so I suspect it will stay that way.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

PBR... Was my uncle's beer of choice. After he died of cirrosis, I dont think I've had four cans in the 20 years since.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What about Moors? Or Moops?

Let me be the first and probably only one to say it: I love Coors Light. It's been my favorite since my second year of college. And I don't mind Miller Light. I'm a big fan of light beer. Of course, I like just about any beer but Guinness, Saranac, Molson XXX and various flavored brews.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm assuming Miller got the better position because it's a larger company (second in sales compared to Coors at third). Or they could just call themselves The Beast.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I believe some how Milwaukee's Best would try to get some money off of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted