1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Millennials don't care about owning anything, and it's destroying traditional retail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Politics is always a little behind commerce on the media curve. There's plenty of evidence that TV ads in elections are essentially wasted money after a certain point, money that can be better spent microtargeting messages online or best of all, knocking on doors. Sooner or later, campaigns and especially the rich guys who fund them will figure that out. But not before Boston TV stations get rich off the New Hampshire primary next winter.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Try last week for caucus ads. Already running. Perry, O'Malley already with positive image spots. And they will for six months.

In believe, in 2014, a station in Wisconsin or Iowa could count on 40 percent of its "inventory" being filled automatically. Close to 100 percent in the last six weeks before November.

That's all revenue without selling and commissions. The car, furniture and lawyer ads appear the day after the election.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is also why one should not hold one's breath expecting TV news to treat campaign finance as a hot issue.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I don't know what you're talking about.

I like my paychecks... "Now for that final check of the forecast..."

Songbird, I Should Coco and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted