1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Millennials are the worst (hipster food edition)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, May 6, 2017.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That story was terrible. Our main avocado supplier is Mexico. Output this year has decreased by 20 percent -- it's an off year. California's output is down 50 to 60 percent due to bad weather. ... Maybe demand is up. But that story overstated a demand-side trend, made a sweeping conclusion and didn't look at the supply picture, which is the major driver for why the prices are way up this year.

Here is the non-crayon version of what is happening: Subscribe to read

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

While that whole argument seems sort of dumb, the cauliflower part is BY FAR the most tenuous. "Some hipsters are vegan, therefore cauliflower." What a dipshit comment.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's a public health crisis.

'Avocado hand' is sending people to the ER because people don't know how to cut their fruit

It seems that the avocado-eating masses are mishandling their fruit, resulting in a multitude of slash and/or stab wounds that have led to "serious nerve and tendon injuries, requiring intricate surgery." In the most extreme cases, the Times reported that patients never regained full use of the injured hand. (In its coverage of avocado handling earlier this month, the New York Times stated the wife of one of its employees racked up a $20,000 hospital bill due to an avocado injury.)

Doctors in the U.K. have apparently dubbed the injuries "avocado hand."

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm surprised. Every yuppie hipster I know presents him or herself as a five-star chef.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It seems like there might be a lot of money in becoming an avocado abogado.

cranberry and doctorquant like this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

by rule i hate anyone who belongs to a generation

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hipsters would be the No. 1 Family Feud answer for "Name A Group That Knows How To Cut Avocados."

8. Dick Whitman

Food items are the new band-no-one-ever-heard-of.

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

What do you call a hipster cat in Mexico?

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not sure the music has quite given up the top spot. The level of joy expressed by some folks over the Kendrick Lamar tour tells me that.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

More hipster fun.

Artist wears white women as scarves

That a man can make a living as a fly farmer and convince naked models to wrap themselves around him in the name of art is either further proof of our society's decline, or definitive proof that we are without question the greatest nation on the face of the Earth.

12. Dick Whitman

In 2011, Hill launched the website WhitePowerMilk.com, selling milk that has been gargled by white women.

Draft saved Draft deleted