1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Millennial theft deterent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Aug 11, 2018.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I bought and still drive a 2012 Honda Accord 6 speed stick on a V6. No longer available. They are even phasing our V6 because Europe demand 2.0 Litre engine. Everything now is a 4 Cylinder turbo

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

When I worked for a automotive rental company during the last of my college days and shortly thereafter, a lot of our clients were from abroad and would ask if we have vehicles with manual transmissions.

I gladly told them that they would have one if we offered any. Also pointed out that we would have a line THIS LONG to the repair bays at the back of the building because many others, regardless of nationality and background, would destroy the clutch and flywheel.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

All for forced induction, but IMO it should be to enhance what was already there and not just to make an inadequately powered vehicle marginally powered. Can only hope the manufacturers are reinforcing the parts that get abused even more by a turbocharger before sending it out to consumers ...

heyabbott likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I would have to take that into account as well. But if we were to get two cars...

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I was out when I got to "at about" #threadjack

Draft saved Draft deleted