1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Milk

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Under the surname Coppola.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That would be like forgetting Kevin Bacon's understated performance in Animal House.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

My favorite similar trivia question is to ask people the first movie that Favreau and Vaughn did together.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Rudy?

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Yep. Almost no one remembers Vaughn as the guy who demands the halfback option play.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Bacon actually had some prominence in "Animal House," whereas Cage was limited to a couple of blink-and-you-miss-them scenes as Judge Reinhold's buddy who worked with him at All-American Burger.

"You just summed up your entire sorry career here in one sentence! If you had a tenth of the heart of Ruettiger, you'd have made All-American by now! As it is, you just went from third team to the prep team! Get out of here!" :D

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great film. I didn't find it boring at all.

Penn was better than Langella, but right now, I still think Langella will win the Oscar for Frost/Nixon. I'm guessing Brolin and Emile Hirsch will also get nominations.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I don't think Langella will beat Penn or Rourke. He did it on stage for a long run. It, in many ways, is simply a regurgitation.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I could see that being the case. It doesn't help Penn that he's already won once.

I'd love to see Rourke win, but I haven't seen The Wrestler yet.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I seriously don't think any Sean Penn role will ever top what he did in Mystic River.

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Sean Penn is always good. I was one of the dozens who saw "Shanghai Surprise" in the theaters, which he did when he was married to Madonna (she was his co-star). The movie was absolute C-R-A-P, and he was good in that.

Draft saved Draft deleted