1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Why is his point valid, then?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

No, but he would toss rolls of paper towels at them.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

His point is that YOU only care about something because of who it is that's doing it.

4. Smallpotatoes

And that is a valid point somehow?

5. doctorquant

Yes.

6. Smallpotatoes

The issue was not the larger issue of pardons, commutations and clemencies. It was the Bundys and and how this President has used pardons. What other Presidents did is irrelevant.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

To them! Not at them.

8. doctorquant

You have the right to choose your issue. YF has the right to choose his.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"I'm fairly learned when it comes to logical fallacies ... I'm no RickStain, but who is? ... and I'm pretty sure that "whataboutism" has yet to be classified as an official one" ~ DQ

It's not. It's just a shitty debating tactic.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If one wants to argue YF's assertion that the FALN pardons and these pardons are exactly the same, try this.

- The FALN pardons came at the end of Clinton's second term. As is the tradition. Not in the second year of his first term. Trump seems to be jumping the gun on pardons - perhaps as a signal to his employees and former employees that they should keep their mouths shut. Perhaps not.

- Everyone pardoned had already served long jail sentences. How long were the Hammond in the pokey?

- Not all pardons are created equal. Each should be judged on the merits. The FALN clemency was conditional.

11. doctorquant

Then one is a cotton-headed ninnymuggins ...

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. So, tell me why democrats, liberals, and male feminists in Hollywood are outraged by "kids in cages" under Trump, but weren't when Obama put them in cages.

Why is there outrage on all kinds of things when Trump does them, but not when previous presidents did the exact same thing -- from travel bans, to tariffs, to deportations, to commutations/pardons, folks like to pretend everything Trump does in unprecedented. But, they're not unprecedented. Only the outrage is.

Draft saved Draft deleted