1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a fan of Grover, but the tweet was very funny. Sorry if you couldn't appreciate it.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's really funny to joke about weapons that kill people. Hilarious.

3. YankeeFan

That' your take on it? Seriously?

You're pathetic. Sorry.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Did you just invoke "rules are rules"?

BDC99 likes this.
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

One of these things is very much not like the others. You're comparing apples to some fruit that comes armed to the teeth and has expressed an interest in killing anyone who comes near it.

6. YankeeFan

LOL.

7. YankeeFan

So, the problem is that they're armed?

If they had just occupied the the bird sanctuary headquarters, but weren't armed, you'd be cool with it?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"cool with it" is a bit strong. But it would be a different situation warranting different treatment.

9. YankeeFan

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Tactically? Sure. But we both know the point of your post is to establish as fact that Black Lives Matter and these folks are morally equivalent.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Here's an extensive post from a conservative site. If what they are saying about the history between the Hammonds and the BLM is accurate, it changes my perspective on things. The Bundys, not so much.

Note that one of the charges that I hear repeatedly is that one of the fires was set to cover up evidence of poaching deer. I find that somewhat less than convincing, as unless they were doing it in job lots the evidence wouldn't amount to much, and if they were they'd fling the deer in the back of a farm truck and process them elsewhere.

Full Story on What's Going on In Oregon - Militia Take Over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge In Protest to Hammond Family Persecution...

Edit: Note that if you want to see the bull goose loonies in full cry you should read the comments on this link.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's a fluid situation.

#boomlives

Draft saved Draft deleted