1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia movement

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Mar 8, 2012.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The Occupy movement is less than a year old, give it time.

2. zagoshe

[/quote]

Nobody takes you seriously cause your head is so far up the Democrat party's ass that if Obama farts your head turns brown. When you're wondering.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Zag, I'm now convinced you're just trolling.

There's no way you're that stupid to equate militias - with a proven history of violence - to the OWS movement.

4. zagoshe

What is at the heart of both movements? It is a perverted sense of idealism - the only difference is one group is anti-government, the other is anti-capitalism and both have become menaces to society.

But I don't have to walk past a smelly compound in the Idaho woods to get to my office - I do have to walk past (or did, thank god they were sent packing) a smelly compound, one that has had a rodent problem and one that turned into a hazard because they were using those gas heaters to try and heat the tents.

So while one group has killed more people, that doesn't make them much different, other than you idealogically line up with the goals of one and not the other.

I am in no way condoning the violence of militias nor am I excusing what they do nor am I saying that they stand for the right things - all I am saying is the idea that you think they are different than fanatics on your side of the aisle is just being dishonest.

5. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb/23/nation/la-na-terror-cop-killers-20120224

Yeah, exactly the same as the Occupy movement.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Nope.

If violence as a means to an end is the foundational philosophy of one of those two extremes but not the other, then they are not alike. They are not comparable. They are not equivalent.

7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

The Quakers are the Branch Davidians.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes it does.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The list is pretty wide-ranging:
    http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2012/spring/active-patriot-groups-in-the-united-states

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Can't we all agree that whoever is killed, it's better if Americans are the killers?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.salon.com/2010/10/01/secret_plot_david_axelrod/singleton/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's scarier, because it's harder to defend ourselves from ourselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted