1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Military experience = presidential loser??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 17, 2008.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Actually I was. I do think they had every right to voice their concerns over him saying they were raping and killing in the middle of the night. And I can understand why they were upset with him throwing his ribbons. But I think they went a little overboard - no pun intended.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

SOMETIMES a positive. SOMETIMES a negative.

(Depending on what party the guy is, of course)

Just wanted to be clear.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Clear on what? I agree with you.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd really like to debate here, but I'm way too tired ... you know, from doing the only thing I could to save myself from a life of squaller. I'd better go. I have a bunch of cigarettes to smoke and Schlitz to drink.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hook me up, would you?

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I got some Colt 45 and two Zig-Zags. Zeke, that's all we need.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Put on the Freedom Rock, then!

8. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Many soldiers are young and certainly partake in the type of activities a lot of young people do (drinking, smoking, spending too much money), but unlike most jobs many young people have, soldiers are risking their lives to do their jobs. Regardless if some military towns are crappy places, I don't see how someone serving their country can be seen as anything other than a positive. And regardless of why they do it, they are making bigger sacrifices than most kids their age.

Not to mention, if I ever find myself in a war zone, for my sake, I hope I'm around enlisted soldiers instead of officers.

Draft saved Draft deleted