1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Military account of Tillman death 'utter fiction', says Pat's brother

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: "Military account of Tillman death 'utter fiction', says Pat's brother

I don't think anyone thinks that way of the Tillmans. Why should we accept lies and BS from our government and our military.

It pisses me off when people lie to cover their ass or to hide something unpleasant or because they think the public can't handle it. Screw 'em.

Hey, if the officers had lied like this at one of the military academies, they'd be drummed out. Everyone involved who wasn't ordered to lie should be sent packing now.

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

They won't start thinking of the Tillmans that way until they're programmed to do so by people with their own agendas. Sheehan is a "crackpot" only to those who don't agree with her bigger picture. While Mary Tillman never aligned herself with the anti-war crowd, she's made it pretty clear she didn't support the war but supported her sons' decisions to join it. Kind of the same as Cindy Sheehan before her son was killed.

3. cortez

cortez Member

O'Reilly's not touching this story. His first guest: Michelle Malkin as they rip Bill Moyers. My guess is Hannity will lead with another segment on Alec Baldwin. Disgraceful

4. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

It would have been much better to keep the military here at home and sent those dudes from the Shield to get OldSama. Everyone knows that international police work wins wars.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I can't believe that that idea doesn't have more traction.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

... she's not bending over pages?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Somehow I think it's just a matter of time before Coulter or Limbaugh or Beck or somebody like that starts taking shots at the Tillmans.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sadly, I think you are right.

9. Moyers, right now, on PBS.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But is she bending over for them?

11. Of course, Pat Tillman isn't the only dead person these evil bastards lie about.
    http://www.newsobserver.com/505/story/567684.html

Bombs don't count.
    Who knew?

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm wondering -- is Pat Tillman the only soldier who was ever killed in war by friendly fire? I'm starting to think so by all of the grandstanding people are doing about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted