1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miles Out?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Matt1735, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Trending on Twitter that Les Miles is going to resign after having an affair with a student... only one blog reporting so far, and that sounds just like a story based on the tweets without any substantiation.

Anyone? God I hope that it's bullshit.

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

3. Matt1735

Sorry!

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2013/03/02/les-miles-rumored-to-have-engaged-in-inappropriate-relationship-with-student/

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'll need to wash my eyes out a long time after all the journalism sins I saw on that linked page

5. Matt1735

yeah, yeah, i know... and hate to give it any credibility at all. But the story is trending on Twitter (apparently), so just wondering if there's anything to it.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

So this is the point we've reached, that someone who floats a rumor not based on any sort of fact on a Saturday night about Les Miles, and that just because it's trending on Twitter we're giving it credibility?

7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

No . . . we're finding out whether or not it has credibility.

And . . . it does not.

Pat White ‏@PatWhiteSports

I have a reliable (prepare for buzzword) *source* that tells me Les Miles will NOT step down Monday and that this entire rumor is BS. #LSU

8. Matt1735

Thanks, Norrin, that's exactly why I posted it. I don't want to give it credibility at all, and hoped it wasn't true.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I wish Miles could sue the guy who started this rumor and take everything he has.

Not because I think Miles was horribly wronged by this but because idiots who start crap like this need to be destroyed.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep. I wondered the same. What credibility does Twitter have?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is Twitter a person?

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

It's a corporation, so , yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted