1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MiLB.com 30-hour gig

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by OceanLottery, Apr 30, 2009.

1. OceanLottery

OceanLottery Member

Saw this on craigslist (Sorry if it's already on this site. I did a quick search and only saw something from 2007)... Editorial position for their Web site. Must be part-time, since they're saying it's just 30 hours a week. Located in NYC.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wri/1135000754.html

On a side note, has anyone ever had any luck with this jlc@mlb.com e-mail address?

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

A good editor with some html background could rise quickly (well, not to any position of power, but to a f/t gig) at mlbam, I'd imagine, knowing people there. it's not a bad job for someone with basic knowledge of grammar, style, etc who needs a gig.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

These are the same assholes who shed most of their minor league staff last year. And these are the same assholes who "can't afford" to pay interns this year, even though MLB Network prints a billion dollars an hour.

If you like working for a gutless, spineless, exploitative company that rarely rewards competence, this gig is all yours. Otherwise, fuck them.

4. seravaf

seravaf New Member

What do you think this pays?

5. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

How sad. I think you just describe every company still involved in the newspaper business.

6. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Thirty hours a week with no benefits is a perfect fit for NYC.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah I realized that after I posted it.

But I have a special contempt for those who choose to act like newspaper barons when they AREN'T in danger of a self-inflicted demise.

Draft saved Draft deleted