1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike's Hard Lemonade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagles1 in London, May 27, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd never tried it with lemonade until Saturday at a BBQ. It was a good alternative to beer.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

3. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Mike's may not have the kick of Jack or Vodka, but its alcohol content was certainly adequate to get that Detroit dad in all sorts of trouble when he inadvertently served it to his 6-year-old at a Tigers game last month.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The only time I'll drink Mike's is when I'm golfing a round and tire of the Bud or Miller swill I'm being forced to drink...

That being said, the stuff always gives me heartburn for some reason or another, although it doesn't taste terrible or anything...

And I think their advertising is probably effective with those it targets... they're not going after the beer aficionado after all...

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i don't like the taste of beer, so i'm a "mike's lemonade" fan. even better: mixing a heineken with lemonade. tremendous on a hot summer day. i do with a 50-50 split on a mix, but you can adjust the mix according to taste, obviously.

that's how i roll and am man enough to admit it.

6. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

I'm not supposed to like it because I'm a man, but I think it's fine.

I don't love it, but I do drink it on a summer afternoon or sometimes when I'm just plain tired of beer. Like the lime the best but they're all OK.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Lynchburg Lemonade > Mike's Hard Lemonade (too bad JD stopped selling the mixed drinks with whisky, replacing it with fail-ass malt alcohol

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Homemade lynchburg lemonade isn't bad.

And I love beer. So there, take that...

My girlfriend loves to mix Orange Patron liquor (which is, surprisingly, 80 proof) with limeade. I've had a glass or two myself, and that's good stuff on a summer day.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

My roommate likes to mix tequila with limeade. Cheap way to make margaritas.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Mike's actually has a higher alcohol content than the aforementioned Budweiser.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Interestingly enough, Stella is looking into the acquisition of Budweiser...

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

With Warren Buffett pulling the strings on the deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted