1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike's Hard Lemonade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagles1 in London, May 27, 2008.

1. So, i've been watching the NHL playoffs and happen to notice several mike's hard lemonade commercials during the last few weeks...

You've probably seen these (well, if they are mainly on VS then you may not have) but allow me to sum up the gist of these ads: some sensitive, maybe a bit slow guy is working on his own to come up with improvements to the product, including a soy flavor and new bottles designed for art lovers, etc. Two fellow employees then come over to act hard, make fun of him, and say things like "we don't do soy"....

ok...my questions is: really? mike's hard lemonade, an alcoholic beverage that looks so weak that i'd probably drink it after working out to hydrate myself, is making a commercial that tries to make them look tough?

mike's hard lemonade, a drink that 14 year girls thinks is soft, is all of a sudden acting manly? Who do they think they're kidding? As a veteran drinker, i'd like to remind them of something in case they forgot....(clearing throat): The word "lemonade" appears prominently in your product name. Adding the word "Hard" in front of Lemonade, does not in fact make this a tough guy drink. You're fooling nobody. Please go back to advertising on the Disney Channel and Noggin and leave real sports watching drinkers alone.

thank you.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It tastes good though.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Crap like Mike's Hard Lemonade is for people who don't really like alcohol.

They should include a pink parasol with every bottle.

4. yeah, but you like budwiser too, so you have no leg to stand on ;)

5. imjustagirl

I DO NOT LIKE BUDWEISER.

I drink it, occasionally. My fridge currently is stocked with Hoegaarden, Stella Artois and Abita Purple Haze.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hoegaarden sounds vaguely dirty for some reason.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Stella?

That's the Belgian Budweiser.

Their ads were terrific. The beer sucks

8. imjustagirl

Tastes good to me, JR.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I like Mike's. A nice summertime drink.

Not sure what I'll do with all the parasols, though.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I wouldn't say their beer sucks. It is the Belgian Budweiser, but it's much better than Bud. Are there much better Belgian beers? Yes. Is Stella still pretty good? Yes. IMHO.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fuckabuncha Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Get a bottle of Pimm's No. 1 and mix that with lemonade. It's infinitely better.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That's a fantastic suggestion. Pimm's and lemonade is a great summer drink.

Draft saved Draft deleted