1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Tyson pwns Bernard Goldberg

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

In the opening moments of tonight's "Real Sports" piece about Tyson's one-man show, Goldberg asks "are you a thespian?"

TYSON: "I don't know about that."

GOLDBERG: "I'm not talking about your sexuality. I'm talking about thespian, being an actor."

TYSON: "Thespian is named after one of the first actors in the world, named Thespis."

Goldberg shrugged it off by making a joke about being verbally "KO'd," but that's a rookie mistake. Was he the only journalist in the world who didn't know that Tyson is pretty well-read and much brighter than he seems?

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Bernard Goldberg is a goofus. A regular Billy Packer curmudgeon. And his books pander full on right-wing suckage.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Pwned is still a thing?

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Only if you are a 14-year-old in front of an XBox.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

All that being said, it was an interesting story.

6. Steak Snabler

No one ever accused me of being "with it." Couldn't think of anything else that would fit in a headline.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

8. Steak Snabler

I used to rock and roll all night, and party ev-a-ry day. ... Then it was every other day. ... Now I'm lucky if I can find one hour a week in which to get funky.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It will never, ever stop being a thing for me.

10. BigBone

BigBone New Member

Tyson is a history buff and highly intelligent. He had a legit mental disease that he's being treated for.

11. BigBone

BigBone New Member

whats wrong with your avatar?

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The verb I would've gone with is boliviated.

Draft saved Draft deleted