1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Tomlin...BAH HUMBUG!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 24, 2008.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Saw the beginning of this on ESPNews, and Tomlin seemed to be going along. But I think it just dragged on a little too long and he got annoyed. I can understand why, because the act wasn't funny at all.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Tomlin seemed to go along with it just fine. He wasn't guffawing the way Terry Bradshaw does when listening to the weather report or waiting at a traffic light, but he wasn't being as miserable as I expected based on this thread.

The one crack at the end was the funniest part of it.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Tomlin handled it well, but I hope Bill looked at the video and realizes comedy ain't his forte.

4. Notepad

Notepad Member

As someone who has crossed his path and sat in press boxes with him before, I feel entirely comfortable saying DeFabio is a major douche.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Tomlin "handled it so well" that the Steelers almost immediately after it was over announced that it would be the last year for that tradition. All class, that guy

6. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Yeah, what a classless act ... not laughing at something that isn't remotely funny. Ever think that might be the reason they killed this silly tradition?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What was Tomlin supposed to do? Fake it and continue go along with it as long as DeFabio wanted? This fits in exactly with how he has acted from day one and I have no problem with it. He handled it fine.

By all accounts, Tomlin has let up a bit on the players since his first season. That is the more important thing than going along with some unfunny crap with one of the local media types.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Zags, I think they did that to tell Bill take a hint already - it ain't funny the way he's doing it.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It was too fucking long. Thirty seconds or a minute, one or two jokes, it may have been funny.

But it went on too long and wasted everyone's time.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Oz and Fenian, the crap NESN airs is much different than messing around at a press conference, when people are trying to deal with Tomlin in one of his few windows for speaking to the press.

Sorry, it's a bush-league move.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Red Sox Nation is a bush-league move.

Draft saved Draft deleted