1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Tomlin...BAH HUMBUG!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 24, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm with Tomlin. Bah Humbug! :)

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not even magic would be enough to get Madden down a chimney.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I would agree with you if this was a scheduled part of the press conference. Otherwise, if Bill hijacked it to do his shtick, I'd say Tomlin exercised great restraint.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Another reason why Pittsburgh often comes off as minor league so often, with clowns like DeFabio.

You'd never see that happen in Boston... or New York... or even Philly.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Football is D Day. I remember when you and your buddy Olberman were saying the same about Tom Coughlin.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, just saw the video.
    Cringe-inducing.
    And nice touch of making sure the beard is low enough so everyone can see your face on TV.
    Mike Tomlin was right - and got the biggest laugh.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yes, you would never see Jerry Remy clowning around as president as Red Sox Nation ... or see the Red Sox appoint governors for each of the New England states in Red Sox Nation ... or have a network like NESN do a dating show called "Sox Appeal" at Fenway Park, where they spy on the contestants during game broadcasts.

Yes, Boston would NEVER come across as minor league with those clowns.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Do we take ourselves a little too seriously Mike?

Tomlin, I fear, has increasingly become a self-loving, self-important douche bag already -- and it has only taken him one season.

He is a classic example of a guy who hasn't figured out that he is a football coach and football is fun and games.

The fact that he can't take five minutes out of his fucking life to share a few laughs and have a little fun tells me is he is more small-minded than I first feared.

What a jackass.

Bill DeFabio's routine wasn't really particularly funny, but it was harmless and a chance for Mike Tomlin to show he's a little bit of a human.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Tomlin took five minutes, he shared a few laughs, he played along and played the part. Not sure what else people want him to do, save for not make the one wise-crack.

10. Notepad

Notepad Member

This one was much better:

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I agree with Fenian. Christmas miracle.

Draft saved Draft deleted