1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Tomlin...BAH HUMBUG!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 24, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Sounds like, though, the kibosh has been put on this "tradition".

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_604254.html

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One more reason to like Tomlin.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I have to be honest - I've seen Bill hundreds, of times at events. I've never had a conversation with him. I have no idea what his personality is, but sounds like he should have taken the hint when Cowher squashed the act.

4. I can't fault him for killing this tradition. I thought he was being kind of a tool in his presser reagrding the game Sunday.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Santa's kind of a douchebag, huh?

6. outofplace

Well he does sneak down people's chimneys and start eating whatever food they have left out. Then he takes credit for the toys parents buy for their children.

:)

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who knew Mark Madden had a night job?

8. Mike Tomlin should lighten up.

9. outofplace

I disagree. This seems to fit right in with his approach the rest of the time. I know it is Christmas, but it is also a work day during the season. I like the consistency.

Also, I think he is ticked off at all the talk of giving his guys a week off against the Browns after arguably their worst performance of the season. Perhaps he feels they need a kick in the ass.

10. Hey, Mike.
    Lighten up.
    This really isn't D-Day, you know.

11. outofplace

So, inconsistency is a good thing?

That aside, maybe he just thought the whole thing was stupid. I've seen them do it and I never thought it was funny.

12. It's Christmas.
    He should lighten up.
    That said, the Santa guy should get better at his job.

Draft saved Draft deleted